Here are some posts on preaching and exegesis that I noticed recently. (To receive Preaching Post Roundup as a weekly email, please subscribe.)
- Tis the Season for Topigetical Sermons from Rut Etheridge III (Gentle Reformation) – “It’s never a bad time to preach the good news of our Savior’s arrival in the world.”
- Bookstore Events: Jonathan Pennington “Small Preaching” from Jonathan T. Pennington (Southern Equip) – an extended conversation with Pennington about his book Small Preaching.
- Sermon Introductions for Great Sermons from Bruce Ballast (Preaching Acts) – a good sermon introduction “hooks” people and introduces the sermon theme; examples of good sermon introductions
- Bridging the Gap between Counseling and Preaching from Conor Berry and Mike Neglia (Expositors’ Collective) – how knowing your congregation at a deeper level can enrich your preaching; weekly sermon preparation patterns
- Old Testament Hope: Psalm 2, the Psalter, and the Anointed One from S. D. Ellison (Themelios) -because of its placement in the Psalter, Psalm 2 is “a signpost pointing its reader to the future hope of a coming Davidic king.”