Here are some posts on preaching and exegesis that I noticed recently. (To receive Preaching Post Roundup as a weekly email, please subscribe.)
- A Good Preacher Is Both Tender and Intense from John Piper (Crossway) – we need to imitate preacher Jonathan Edwards both in his spirit of brokenness and in his intensity
- My Adventure in Open Air Preaching from Brad Evans (Reformation 21) – know what you want to say, feature brevity and boldness, focus on Christ, don’t go it alone, preach!
- God Calls You to Intimacy, Not Activity – Kike Torres from Kike Torres and Mike Neglia (Expositors Collective) – the importance of intimacy with God and listening to God’s voice in Scripture for ourselves before preaching to others; resting and avoiding burnout
- Exodus 26-31: On Chip & Joanna Gaines’ Tour through the Furniture of Faith (Bible Talk, Ep. 32) from Alex Duke, Jim Hamilton and Sam Emadi (9 Marks) – biblical theological insights on these chapters
- [For those who don’t have access to Bible commentaries and other Bible study tools, remember that you can borrow commentaries and tools online. Many of these resources are “critical”, but some are evangelical. Here are some lists: Bible Commentaries to Borrow; Bible Study Tools to Borrow]