Here are some posts on preaching and exegesis that I noticed recently. (To receive Preaching Post Roundup as a weekly email, please subscribe.)
- How Can Preaching Endure? from Steve Gaines (Preaching Source) – it is “God’s method of sharing the saving message of the Gospel of Jesus.”
- How Does the Pastor’s Spiritual Temperature Affect His Preaching? from Michael Catt (Preaching Source) – the two are vitally related; preaching is a balance of Spirit and truth.
- Dear Pastor: What to Do When People Don’t Like Your Preaching from Patrick Slyman (The Master’s Seminary) – remember the coming judgment of Christ, the sufficiency of Scripture and that by the grace of God, you are what you are.
- How Did Charles Spurgeon Address Contemporary Issues in His Preaching? from Alex DiPrima (9 Marks) – he emphasized the sovereignty of God and called people to repentance.
- Don’t Get Left Behind: Why Pastors Should Consider Preaching through Revelation in Our Cultural Moment from Sam Emadi (9 Marks) – Revelation describes Christian faithfulness amid political and cultural turmoil.