Here are some posts on preaching and exegesis that I noticed recently. (To receive Preaching Post Roundup as a weekly email, please subscribe.)
- From Head to Heart from Greg Ammons (Preaching Source) – the importance of both the intellectual and the emotional in preaching
- Sincerity in Preaching from John MacTaggart (Preaching Source) – the need to convince our hearers of our sincerity
- Love, Encouragement and Accountability from Jeff Campbell (Preaching Source) – biblical preaching can help us balance giving encouragement and confronting sin
- Why I Stopped Preaching Long Sermons from Micah Fries (Facts & Trends) – sometimes we can improve our preaching by preaching for 30 minutes instead of 45
- The Consummate Persuader: What I’m Learning from Jonathan Edwards’ Earliest Sermons from Randal Pelton (Pelton on Preaching) – we can learn from Edwards the skill of convincing our hearers of the truth of biblical teaching
- “Preaching & Preachers” Episode 173: Finding the Right Hills to Die On from Gavin Ortlund and Jason Allen (Jason K. Allen) – the value of understanding that all doctrines are not of equal importance
- Preachers’ Talk – Episode 5: On Preaching in a Distracted Age from David Helms, Jeremy Meeks, K. Edward Copeland (9 Marks) – should preaching change in a distracted, visually oriented age?