Here are some posts on preaching and exegesis that I noticed recently. (To receive Preaching Post Roundup as a weekly email, please subscribe.)
- 5 Strategies for Training People to Listen to Sermons from Skylar Spradlin (Facts & Trends) – realize limitations, patiently teach on teaching, stay faithful, trust God, repeat
- We Preach in the Presence of God from John Piper (Desiring God) – the solemn charge to every pastor: a meditation on 2 Timothy 4:1-2
- Watch Out for Applicational Hypocrisy from Clint Ellis (Preaching Source) – if your life and teaching don’t match, there is danger for your family, for your flock and for the fallen world.
- You’ll Probably Want to Slow Down When You Get to Numbers 14: Preaching Through Numbers from Randal Pelton (Pelton on Preaching) – reflect on the fact that when we grumble, we despise God, who nevertheless displays his power in forgiveness
- Preacher’s Talk, Episode #8: On Planning a Preaching Calendar from David Helm, Edward Copeland, Jeremy Meeks (9 Marks) – planning a balanced diet for the congregation; why planning doesn’t quench the Holy Spirit; the place of the Christian calendar; benefits of preaching through a book; determining the length of a sermon series